Monday, February 28, 2011

10 MINUTES LATE...

KOMIKMASA PRESENT:
A youth running late for school... A trip of courages and disdain...
(Inspired by a true tragedy in Iraq and still happening now...)

1 Minute...

I'm running late... I've finished my homework at 3.00 A.M last night...
For this's truly my masterpiece... A thesis about hopes and glory...
Ustaz Ghazali will be proud... I took a quick bath and weared my uniform after
grabbing my schoolpack and ran out... My parent while watching the television
were shouting at me... I can't hear them clearly... I just run out without looking
back and saying good bye... Blessed both of them for raising me...


2 Minutes...

I'm running as fast as I could... There's no times left... Everything counts...
This homework will secured my reputation... I can see their gallant faces
gazing at me now... We've been stated about our great ancestry achievements...
I'm wishing that if I could become as one of them... Or maybe much higher...
This's the first step toward triumph... So I must run...


3 Minutes...

A short-cut to my school is along this path...
It takes me almost 30 minutes every days to walked to my school...
If I run it's took about 10 minutes to reach there... So I must run...
Forget about what I hear... forget about what I've seen...
I'm only foretold the future... I needed it... To change my life for the better...



4 Minutes...

I'm hearing a gunshot... It's happen a lot nowadays...
Usually I take cover and move away... But this time I'm in late...
I'm running into the crossfires... I'm swear a bullet just past me by...
I could see it spark... But now I'm just don't care... I'm in a rush...
I only see my future... There's no other way...



5 Minutes...

Suddenly I'm remembering all my friends... My schoolmates that
already in school... Every single one picturing in my mind...
Their laughing and attitudes of each others tickles me...
My schoolteachers that tirelessly taught us about wisdom and knowledge...
And I'm smiling while I in running...



6 Minutes...

There's a fight happening infront of me... Some folks in different cultures
and believes but praying on the same God in intense battle...
For centuries they'd been feuding over different methods and religious...

Somebody got stabbed badly... Peoples are screaming anguish for help...
There's isn't much kind for the casualties... Blood's pouring out...
People are dying for something that's absurd... There's injustices and
tyranny conquering the land... Only corrupted and suffering as we lives in...

That's what I'm about to changes... To gives some hopes and dignity to my
people as to my beloved country... Back to our glorious days...



7 Minutes...

I'm still running... I didn't take a bus because this's much more safer...
From far away I can see smokes... Like I said this happen ordinarily everydays...
Taking a rides's far more dangerous... Somebody's bombing our public
transports... Killed in mass murder... Just to express their opinions...

If you're brave you should tried walking at nightfall... In no time you'll be
mobbed and abused... If you're lucky you could survive to see the light the next day...

You're fortunate if your country living in peace and harmony...



8 Minutes...

Other peoples running my way... For their own good reasons...
They're running for their own sakes... A lady carrying her dead baby crossing my path...
No time to help... Not even to cry... A man lost one of his limb... He's in
confusion gazing at his bloodied stump... I move away gently and focussing back 
on my track... For my own reasons only to empathize...



9 Minutes...

There's a riot happening everywhere... A couples of building tumbling down...
Crushed everything within it area... Peoples started blaming other peoples for
such tragedy... Who's could demented enough for doing this much destruction?...
The police and medical are already in the hotspot... Sirens blaring deafening my
ears and mind... I wish I could scream to let it all cease and conceded...

I can only hope my voice'll be listening... And then suddenly I'm not running
anymore... But if I could walk much further for what I'm seeing...



10 Minutes...

I'm in gaze....My school's no more there... So's the peoples that pictured in my mind...
They've all gone... Vanquish in the rumble and debris...

It had been shown on live television but I'm not wary... Everything's clear now...

There's no more future... No more hope and glory... I crumpled my papers stiffen
in my hand... Our Historians remarked us about our glorious great ancestor...

It's now dead and buried under the sands ... 


END.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...